Do you have a mailing list? Do you use it? Or is it just sitting there, gathering virtual dust, while you wonder what on earth to do with it?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Lots of people have mailing lists but aren’t sure how to use them effectively. We’re here to help.
I’ve just been awarded a second Email Marketing Certification from Mailchimp Academy, which means I’m now officially qualified to give you some tips and tricks for using your mailing list to its full potential.
First things first, let’s talk about why having a mailing list is a good thing.
Sure, it’s a way to reach out to potential customers and let them know about your latest products or services. But it’s also a way to build a relationship with your audience and keep them engaged with your brand.
For example, imagine you’re an artist trying to promote your latest exhibition. A mailing list could be a great way to keep your fans informed about your upcoming shows, share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your creative process, and offer exclusive discounts or early access to your work. With email marketing, you can keep your followers engaged and build a loyal fanbase.
But how do you make sure people actually open and read your emails? Well, that’s where email marketing comes in. With the right techniques, you can craft engaging, eye-catching emails that people actually want to read.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to cram too much information into one email. Focus on one or two key messages and make them easy to digest.
- Make it visually appealing: Use images, videos, and other visual elements to break up the text and make your emails more engaging.
- Personalize it: Address your subscribers by name and tailor your content to their interests and preferences.
- Keep it legal: Make sure you’re following all the relevant regulations and guidelines around email marketing (e.g. GDPR, CAN-SPAM Act).
- Test it: Experiment with different subject lines, layouts, and content to see what resonates best with your audience.
And here’s a bonus tip: don’t be afraid to inject a bit of personality and humour into your emails. People respond well to brands that have a human touch and aren’t afraid to have a bit of fun.
So, there you have it: a few tips to help you make the most of your mailing list.
If all that leaves you feeling overwhelmed or you know you don’t have the time to plan and write effective emails, you’ll be delighted to know that we can help. Our Email Boost or Email Growth packages could be just what you need.
Get in touch today to learn more about how we can help take your email marketing to the next level.